Lists seem to be the way to drive traffic to a blog. Top 10 this and top 10 that; I guess folks like lists because when they see their thing on the list it makes them feel good and when they see there thing not on the list it gives them something to whine about. And, as you all know, feeling good and whining are the top two things humans like to do.
So, in order to drive thousands of readers to my blog, I’ve made a list. Increasing traffic is the only reason I’ve made this list because who could possible care which guns I’ll never own?
5. A shotgun. Yeah, really, a shotgun. I don’t like shotguns and I don’t do anything that requires a shotgun. There are two shotguns in my house. My son has a Remington 11-87 20 gauge and I have my dad’s old Winchester model 12. (Keeping my dad’s shotgun is not the same as owning a shotgun.) I tend to agree with the great Hawkeye, aka Natty Bumppo when it comes to shotguns. He said, “but if there is a law at all, it should be to keep people from the use of smooth-bores. A body never knows where his lead will fly, when he pulls the trigger of one of them uncertain fire-arms.”
4. The DoubleTap thingamabob. This is a two-shot derringer type handgun chambered for .45 ACP. It weighs 12 ounces and is almost six inches long and four inches tall. Remington’s new R 51 is about the same size and holds eight 9mm +P cartridges. It costs less too. Nope, I may execute a double tap but it won’t be with a DoubleTap! Dick Metcalf said he was going to buy one. Course he said some other – not so smart – things too.
3. When I was in the military I took an OPFOR weapons course. During that course we shot AKs. You can argue all you want about the superiority of the 7.62 x 39 cartridge and you can preach all day long about the reliability of an AK. But you know what, its a communist weapon and that’s all the reason I need not to own one. Sorry Mikhail, I’ll stick with an M4 or even a .30 Carbine! What’s more American than an M1 Carbine?
2. A Glock. Look, I carried a Glock for 13 years as a cop. And, I worked on a range for almost that long as a firearms instructor while other cops were shooting Glocks. I’m a Glock armorer and I’ve fired thousands of rounds through Glocks. I don’t like them. No, I’m not racist; I’ve just been there and done that and I don’t want to do it anymore. And, well, Glocks are ugly.
1. A Rhino revolver. I like revolvers, own revolvers, carry revolvers and shoot revolvers. The Rhino is an interesting revolver but it is uglier than a Glock and just like they say on Shark Tank, “For that reason I’m out.”